Things to do
There are plenty of things to do when exploring the Elaphiti Islands. Here are some of the highlights not to be missed:
- Explore the historical sites: The Elaphiti Islands are rich in history and culture, and there are plenty of historical sites to explore, including churches, monasteries, and fortresses.
- Enjoy the beaches: The Elaphiti Islands are home to some of the most beautiful beaches in Croatia. Šunj Beach on Lopud Island is a popular destination, offering clear waters, white sand, and plenty of shade.
- Sample the local cuisine: The cuisine of the Elaphiti Islands is a reflection of the region’s Mediterranean heritage. Fresh seafood, grilled meats, and locally grown vegetables are among the highlights.
- Take a walk or hike: The Elaphiti Islands offer some of the most beautiful walking and hiking trails in Croatia. The trails wind through scenic landscapes, offering stunning views of the sea and the surrounding islands.
- Discover hidden coves and secluded bays: With a yacht, you can explore many hidden coves and secluded bays that are not accessible by land. These secluded spots offer the perfect setting for a private picnic or a romantic sunset dinner.
- Kayaking and paddleboarding: Another great way to explore the Elaphiti Islands is by kayaking or paddleboarding. Glide through the calm waters and enjoy the stunning views of the surrounding islands.
- Experience the nightlife: The Elaphiti Islands may be a peaceful and serene destination, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t any nightlife. The islands offer plenty of bars and restaurants where you can enjoy a night out under the stars.
With a yacht, you have the freedom to explore the Elaphiti Islands at your own pace, and choose the activities that best suit your interests. Whether you want to relax on a secluded beach, explore historical sites, or dive into the crystal-clear waters, the Elaphiti Islands offer something for everyone.
Marinas and anchorages
When it comes to yachting in the Elaphiti Islands, you’ll be pleased to know that there are plenty of marinas and anchorages available to cater to your needs. With a yacht, you can easily explore the islands and enjoy the freedom to choose your own route and destination.
One of the most popular marinas in the region is Marina Dubrovnik, located on the mainland. This marina offers over 400 berths, making it the largest marina in the region. With modern facilities, including electricity, water, and Wi-Fi, you can relax and enjoy your stay in comfort.
If you’re looking for a marina closer to the Old Town of Dubrovnik, then the ACI Marina Dubrovnik is a great choice. Located in the Rijeka Dubrovačka, just a few minutes away from the Old Town, this marina offers a stunning location and all the amenities you need.
For those who want to explore the island of Šipan, the main port of Luka Šipanska is a great option. This port is well-equipped for yachts and sailboats of all sizes, with a range of services and amenities available. From here, you can easily explore the island and enjoy its natural beauty.
If you prefer to anchor your yacht, then there are plenty of stunning spots to choose from. Lopud Bay is a popular anchorage spot, offering stunning views of the surrounding islands and crystal-clear waters. Sudurad Bay on the island of Šipan is another great option, known for its calm waters and stunning sunsets.